Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Disclosure

In the interest of true disclosure we are doing this study because I need it. I need to examine what does it mean for me to have a heart after God, what does it mean for me to not let my many loves turn my heart away from my king. I need to know how my seemingly small decision affects not just me but my community.

I am doing this because like you I need God to provide here along in my life on a daily basis and because like you I want to know what it means to follow God in the midst of mistakes, failures, circumstances I can not control, and circumstances I can control, and to love him in all environments.

Thank you for being willing to join me on this self serving journey. But I feel like me you are on the same path. We all make mistakes in various ways. The other loves we have might not be as extensive as Solomon’s. (He had how many wives and concubines? I can barely handle dating one guy at a time…) but his struggle is the same as ours… Are we allowing these loves to turn us away from our Heavenly Father?

My hope and prayer in this study is that we grow, we are strengthened, and we follow God. That’s the point of any study right? Isn’t the point to learn how to follow God. I think we have amassed enough knowledge… let’s start living after him.

No comments:

Post a Comment